Teach Western Mass is its region’s most trusted resource for talented teachers.
Fueled by the Teach Western Mass Residency, the organization helps aspiring teachers earn their certiifcation and prepare to lead their own classroom in one year. TWM’s training uses a proven model that features hands-on experience in classroms and personalized coaching from experienced educators.
Last year, Teach Western Mass spent time evaluating a number of platforms to help manage its brand new AmeriCorps Professional Corps program — from our Impact Suite platform, to OnCorps Reports, and others.
Ultimately, the program decided to partner with us, using the Impact Suite in conjunction with Airtable. The program uses the Impact Suite to:
- Handle all of their AmeriCorps member files (and its service commission, the Massachusetts Service Alliance, recently labeled TMA’s member file management as a “best practice” during an audit);
- Track students being served;
- Track teacher residents’ (AKA, AmeriCorps members’) progress towards hitting a number of pedagogical goals and metrics;
- Track volunteer events and volunteers hours;
- Track community assets and how teacher residents connected community assets to units and lessons;
- Facilitate truly meaningful written reflections; and to
- Build a learning community among its corps of residents.
But don’t take it from us. Here’s a video from Aly Kenney — who used to help manage a national program that used OnCorps Reports and now leads TMA’s AmeriCorps program — sharing her perspective on what it’s like to work with us and to use the Impact Suite platform.