Since 2011, NYC Service and other New York City-based government agencies have used the AmeriCorps Impact Suite to monitor impact, inform stakeholders of that impact, and to stay compliant with federal timekeeping regulations for AmeriCorps members.
Today, we’re thrilled to announce that NYC Service is expanding its relatinoship with us, investing in the Social Impact Suite for its brand new service year effort, City Service Corps!
The City Service Corps, a program in partnership with the United Way of New York City and the Franklin Project, unites a diverse group of professionals to serve full-time for 10-months at City agencies and their partner nonprofit organizations, working to address community needs. Modeled on AmeriCorps, Corps members will serve at their host sites for ten months, serving a minimum of 1,700 hours each. All of the projects members will be inovolved with are designed to positively impact the citizens of New York City in two main areas: education and economic & community empowerment.
Host sites include:
– Administration for Children’s Services
– Department of Consumer Affairs
– Department for the Aging, Department of Health & Mental Hygiene
– Department of Probation
– Department of Education
– Human Resources Administration
– Mayor’s Office of Immigrant Affairs
– Department of Small Business Services
– Mayor’s Office of Sustainability
– Young Men’s Initiative
– Big Initiatives
– Lower East Side Ecology Center
– Queens Botanical Garden
– Snug Harbor Cultural Center & Botanical Garden and Earth Matter